In the spring of 1916, the Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish was formed and became a mission church to Saints Peter and Paul Parish at Pine Hollow. Fifty-one families attended the first mass celebrated on Nov. 12th of that year in a rented hall.
In 1918, Rev. William Jeuck was appointed the pastor to Sacred Heart Parish and a house owned by John Cremer and adjoining land was purchased for $6,000 to build a church. Work began on June 24, 1919. The cornerstone was laid by Msgr. Kremer on Aug. 10, 1919 with the first mass celebrated by Rev. Jeuck on Easter Sunday, April 4, 1920. The school was added later in 1959 and opened as a Catholic school in 1963.
In 2003, a committee was formed to begin raising funds and gather design options for handicap access for the church building.
Construction on the new entrance began in 2009, the cornerstone was laid in 2010 with completion in 2011. The new addition includes a narthex, an elevator, new restrooms and a mother's room. The church hall was renovated and a handicap parking lot added to complete the project.
Sacred Heart School was built in 1959 and rented to the Cashton Public School until 1963 when the Sisters of Saint Joseph arrived. The sisters served our school for over 60 years.
Today, we are blessed to have a devoted and enthusiastic faculty and a pastor as our principal to continue the tradition of excellent Catholic education in our region for 4K - 8th grades.